If you are here on this article, it means you have basic knowledge of search engine optimization. Everyone among us loves a good handy tip. In this article we are going to share some useful SEO tips that will help you lot to get more traffic and a good authority for your website or blog.
Cool and Useful SEO Tips
- As you know “Content is King”, so always try to add good, well written and unique contents and always try to focus on your primary keyword in your content.
- Many of you will be well aware that if “Content is King” then links are queen. Always try to build a network of quality backlinks based on your targeted keywords.
- If you want good results from SEO that you are doing for your website or blog. Then you should have to focus on title of the page. Title of every page of your website must be unique and keyword focused.
- Fresh contents help to improve a website ranking. So add new and useful contents to your website on regular and daily basis. Content freshness adds relevancy to your website in the eyes of a search engine.
- Always links to your website and within your website using your keyword phrase. In other words, if your targeted keyword is “SEO” then link to “SEO” rather than “Click Here” link.
- Always use your targeted keyword and keyword phrases aptly in text links, image ALT attributes and even your domain name.
- Always focus on search phrases, not on single keywords. And put your location in your contents to help you get found in local searches for example “Buy Best Smartphones in New York” etc.
- If you want to use Java script drop down menus, image maps or image link then be sure to add text links on the page for spiders to follow.
- Flash, AJAX and Frames all leads to a common problem, you can’t link to a single page. So don’t use Frames at all and use AJAX and Flash scarcely for best SEO results.
- One single, good and authoritative link can do a lot more for you than a lot of poor quality links which can hurt you. So when you are performing link building think about quality not quantity.
- Don’t be passionate about Page Rank. It is just a minor part of the ranking algorithm. A website which has low PR can actually outrank one with higher page rank.
- Always keep in mind SEO aspects in your mind when designing your website. Always make sure that your web designer completely understands your expectations for organic SEO.
- If your website contents do not change on regular basis, then your website needs a blog, because search spiders like fresh text. Update your blog at least three times a week with good and fresh content to feed those crawlers.
- Always avoid keyword stuffing. Because search engines always look at how many times a keyword is in your content and if it is found oddly high that will count this against you rather than for you.
- Make sure your website is easy to navigate. This can affect your link building ability and popularity and this you website’s ranking.
- Search engines always like unique and quality contents and indexed it instantly. There can be a difference between unique and quality content so make sure these both qualities present in your content.
- Links from .edu domains always get a nice response from search engines. So run a search for possible non-profit .edu websites that are looking for sponsors.
- You should also take care of your RSS feed when optimizing it same like you should with your posts and web pages. Try to use descriptive and keyword rich text in your title and description.
- Always use caption with your images as in newspapers photos and always use keyword based captions in your images.
- It will be better that your website pages be found naturally be the search engine crawlers.
- Links from a high Authority websites are very good for your website. High page rank indicates high trust sp the backlinks from high page rank websites will bring more weight. So try to acquire backlinks from a high Authority website about your niche or targeted keyword.
- Social Marketing is essential for good SEO. The more you understand about social networking websites like Facebook, Twitter, Digg, Yelp, del.icio.us etc, the better you will be able to get good rank in search. So try to share each and every link of your website on famous social marketing websites. Register an account to all these sites and make contacts with regular and reputed users who fall in your interest.
- Enable “enhanced image search” in your Google Webmaster Central account. Images play an important role in new blended search results, so letting Google to locate your photos will help your SEO hard work.
- Add more viral components to your website or blog i.e. reviews, sharing function, ratings and visitors comments etc.
- When you plan to a link purchase or link exchange, check the cache date of the website or page where you want to add your link. Search for “cache:yourdomain.com”. The newer the cache dates the better. If the page is not there or the date of cache is old more than one month then the page is not good for your link placement.
I hope these SEO tips will help you to get better results in Search Engine Optimization of your website or blog. I try to epitomize best and useful SEO tips, and I know there must be many more useful SEO tips. If you know any better than these then please share with us via comments.